Thursday, May 29, 2014

A wonderful experience!

I just got back from a "100 years of Schoenstatt" jubilee in DC! It is amazing how on fire they are even without a shrine. I enjoyed it a lot, and loved seeing they're striving to get a shrine in DC. Ohio and DC both share the same striving for a shrine that is not yet here, yet we yearn for it and try as hard as we can with prayers to get it here. From DC, my family traveled to pick up and auxiliary shrine in Staten Island, NY. That is where Sr. Marcia (our current sister for Ohio) lives with a couple other fun and joyful Schoenstatt sisters. It's different there, because the shrine is inside the house, but when you're in the shrine, it's just as beautiful and peaceful as any other shrine! It's really cool because they draw a lot of city people, who may be struggling or upset, to the blessed mother in that tiny little city home. It may be near the city that never sleeps, but it is certainly peaceful and cozy. I hope I get to see more shrines around the US in the future! It's a wonderful experience for all, but the Waukesha shrine will always be home for me. In our MTA, Clare K.

No comments:

Post a Comment